. 3 cup sliced mushrooms
. 1 cup corn kernel (we can use frozen corn kernels)
. 1/4 cup cashews (kaju)
. 2 cup tomato chopped
. 1 teaspoon ginger chopped
. 1 teaspoon green chili chopped
. 2 tablespoon oil
. 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
. 1/8 teaspoon asfotida
. 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
. 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
. 2 teaspoon coriander powder
. 1 teaspoon salt
. 2 tablespoon coriander chopped
. water 1-1/2 cups
1. Blend the tomatoes, cashews, ginger and green chili to make creamy paste. Set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Test the heat by adding one cumin seed to the oil. If the cumin seed cracks right away, the oil is ready.
3. Add cumin seeds, asfotida as cumin seeds crack add tomato paste.
4. Next add coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric and salt. Lower the heat to medium and cook the spice mix for about 4-5 minutes until mix start leaving the side of the pan.
5. Add corn and mushrooms, mix it well and add about 1-1/2 cups of water. Cook for about 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Corn and mushrooms should be tender and gravy should be thick in consistency.
Mushroom Corn Curry is ready serve hot with Roti or plain rice.