How To Draw a Lion
In this drawing lesson we’ll show you how to draw a Lion in 8 easy steps. This Free step by step lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of the Lion.
This is a simple lesson designed for beginners and kids with real easy to follow steps. Feel free to print this page and use as a drawing tutorial.
Here are some fun facts about the Lion you might find interesting.
- One of the largest members of the cat family.
- It is nicknamed the king of the beasts.
- The male Lion has bushy fur on it’s head called mane.
- There are African Lions and Asian lions which differ slightly in appearance.
- The female Lion is responsible for hunting and feeding a pride (a group of lions headed by a male lion).
Step 1: Begin by drawing the nose.
Step 2: Add the mane to the top of the head section.
Step 3: Add more to the Mane.
Step 4: Finish the mane and add the back.
Step 5: Draw the legs.
Step 6: Finish the body by drawing the under belly, add the tail and some facial details.
Step 7: Add the second set of legs.
Step 8: Finish the drawing by add the tail and facial details to complete this drawing.
Your completed drawing of the Lion should look like this:
Use this example of the Lion to shade your drawing: